1. Our philosophy is to offer a stress free grooming experience for your dog. We pay special attention to older pets and pets with health issues.
- Your pet’s safety and comfort are our first priority.
- We will not perform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. This includes nail trimming in some situations.
- Senior pets will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort.
2. You, the dog owner, will advise us of any medical, physical, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions.
- These may include prior surgeries, hip or joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections or skin problems.
3. If your dog has behavior problems, please let us know.
- Lin’s Soft Touch reserves the right to muzzle your dog.
- If your dog cannot be groomed, a $30.00 minimum fee will apply.
- Lin’s Soft Touch reserves the right to refuse service.
- We will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible. However, sometimes situations can occur that will disrupt the daily schedule. A dog’s safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet a schedule. You will be called and advised of an arrival time when schedules change beyond our control.
5. Pricing varies for each dog and is determined by breed, size and condition of your pet.
- Additional charges apply for de-matting, de-shedding, excessive coat, naughty dogs and flea treatments due to the additional time it takes.
- If you would like your pet brushed out, dematting fees are $1.00 per minute.
- If your pet cannot be humanly dematted, we may ask permission to clip the hair short and “start over.” We will always ask for your permission.
- Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Removing the heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles and skin folds trapped and hidden in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet’s skin allowing fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. Lin’s Soft Touch is not responsible for any conditions due to a matted coat.
- If you would like to reschedule your grooming appointment to allow you time to brush or comb out the excess matting, a $30.00 minimum appointment fee will apply.
7. Property Damage
- I agree Lin’s Soft Touch will not be held responsible for damages or loss to my yard, home or property while on the service call for grooming my pet.
8. Lin’s Soft Touch will not groom any dog that is not up-to-date on their vaccinations. (Special circumstances will be considered)
9. We require 24 hours notice to change or cancel an appointment.
- Failure to call 24 hours in advance will result in a charge of $30.00 that must be paid prior to your next appointment. Giving advance notice gives us the opportunity to fill your grooming slot and rearrange our schedule.
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Payment is due at completion of groom.
- Checks should be made out to Lin’s Soft Touch
- There will be a $30.00 charge for Non Sufficient Funds
11. Photographs & Video
- We have your permission to take pictures or video of your pet for marketing purposes. These will never be sold or given to third parties.
- Veterinarian bills will not be paid for any minor injuries.
- Major injuries-we will pay any veterinarian charges that result from serious injury because of the groom. Any injury that is a result of poor coat condition or a pre-existing condition will not be paid.
- If something arises after the groom that was not noticed before then you must contact us immediately and take your dog to a veterinarian within 4 days of groom. The veterinarian must write a note indicating that veterinary intervention was necessary and the injury was caused solely by the grooming process.
I understand and do agree to the above terms for the grooming and maintenance of my pet(s) and in consideration of the grooming services of Lin’s Soft Touch, agree to hold harmless from damage, loss or claims arising from any known or unknown pre-existing condition of my pet(s). The terms, special services or handling shall include, but are not limited to, veterinarian services in the event I am not available. I authorize Lin’s Soft Touch to act as my agent in the event emergency veterinarian services, care-taking and/or transportation is necessary and I agree to pay all costs. Any/all damages, loss or claim shall include, but not be limited to death, injury, or shock. Said pre-existing shall include, but not be limited to illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions, medical conditions, advanced age, or nervousness.
I have read and accept these policies for the groom today and for any and all future grooming appointments.